Good Afternoon Everyone,
What a change in the weather! We have had some very warm days the last few weeks, now today it feels different. We had a very nice, much needed rain on Tuesday the 7th but it did not really cool off. Last night we got a little more rain and this morning it was cooler with the wind coming from the north.
Last evening the church youth were at our farm and weeded the patch of popcorn they had planted last month. It is a fund-raising project. They were done in approximately an hour then they enjoyed a light supper and played volleyball afterward. We were blessed with nice weather for it.
There are a few interesting events scheduled for this month:
- The 16th annual Farm Field Days on July 17th– 18th. Friday evening from 4:00 to 8:30 PM. Saturday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, at the Daniel Stutzman farm.
- Fireman’s Festival on July 18th, 4:00 PM to dusk at the Berlin Elementary School.
- “Music on the Square” in Berlin has returned for Fridays and Saturdays.
- The 34th annual Rainbow of Hope benefit auction on July 24th-25th in Mt. Hope.
- The Steam & Engine Show is set for July 30th to August 1st, also at Mt. Hope and it includes a Horse Pull.
The gardens are still looking nice and the peas are ready for picking.
Interesting facts of the Bible………. Taken from the book “Cheerful Days Ahead”.
- The 66 books of the Bible contain 1,189 chapters, 31,093 verses, 773,692 words and 3,586,489 letters.
- The shortest verse is John 11:35; the longest is Esther 8:9 and the middle is Psalm 118:8.
- Ezra 7:21 contains all the letters of the alphabet except “J”.
- Psalm 107:8, 15, 21, 31 are the same.
- 2 Kings 19 and Isaiah 37 are practically alike.
- Every verse in Psalm 136 has the same ending.
- The shortest chapter is Psalm 117 and the longest is Psalm 119.
Quote: “If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love our friends for their sakes rather than our own.” -Charlotte Bronte
You all have a splendid summer!