Good Afternoon, 3-13-23
It feels like winter has come back, or had not left us after all. We had snow flurries in the air most of the day. This morning it was especially pretty. The snowflakes were gently falling from a grayish/white sky and the ground was getting to be somewhat white. The temperature stayed around 27°-32°. It was a good day to stay inside.
On Saturday the youth girls fixed a luncheon for the ladies of 3 church districts. The food was as good as a wedding feast. Delicious!
The Holmes Country Flower Show in Mt. Hope was well attended with a lot of vendors and a whole lot more visitors.
Spring house cleaning is being done and some have green veggies growing in hotbeds already. The calendar says next Monday spring begins. My Amyrilla bulb is getting ready to bloom. That will make a bright spot on the windowsill. I have a few to share if anyone wants a red one.
Events at Mt. Hope are:
- March 21st Tuesday Livestock Sale
- March 23rd-25th Mid Ohio Alternative Animal & Bird Sale
- March 31st– April 1st Furniture Show
- April 4th Easter Lamb Sale
- April 14th-15th Chupp Furniture Sale
- Ladies’ Night Out at Lehmans in Kidron on March 23rd from 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- Christian Aid Ministries slide presentation at the heritage community building on March 30th from 6:30 PM – 8:45 PM. For more info call: 330-893-2428
March is also waterfowl migration time. Last Wednesday I spent the afternoon in the Shreve and Funk marsh areas and we saw thousands of birds. It was amazing! The sound that came to us in the area which had the largest flock of assorted ducks was, how can I describe it but to call it, “captivating”!
The clouds have broken up and the sun is shining at times but snowflakes are still in the air.
“Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.” Philippians 4:4
Until next time,