Good Afternoon Everyone, 5.15.23
The sun is shining, and a slight breeze is gently moving the fresh, new, green leaves of the maple tree nearby. It’s a lovely day. I am sitting outside on top of a culvert that was built over a little stream and the water flowing over the rocks creates a musical tinkle like a tiny waterfall. A song sparrow is singing in a nearby tree.
May is a beautiful month, so many new things, newly born colts and lambs, vegetables, plants & flowers.
On my way to work, I noticed the purple/lavender flowers of the Dames Rocket and the yellow mustard is already in bloom.
Farmers had cut grass for hay and the scent was so clean and invigorating. Recently a friend told me of an inexpensive way to plant tomatoes in the garden at an early date and still protect them from frost. Cut the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket and set it over the plant. If it gets cold enough to frost, put the lid on top. It creates a little greenhouse for each plant.
This spring we have had customers in the Ashery from New Zealand, South Africa, Bermuda, Mississippi, Martinsville IN, and Ripley WV.
Events at Mt. Hope:
- May 19th-20th Swap Meet
- May 26th Memorial Trotting Sale
- June 2nd Kidney Fund Benefit Sale
- June 8th Summer Carriage & Pony Sale
- May 20th Go Eddie 5K Race
Other events include:
- A fundraiser lunch to benefit East Palestine will be held Saturday, June 3rd from 3:00-7:00 PM at the Dundee United Methodist Church. (6744 SR 93 Dundee) The freewill donation menu includes chicken & sloppy jo sandwiches plus a variety of other foods.
- Austin Zinkorn memorial truck/tractor pull is May 20th in Sugarcreek.
- Benefit dinner with Rory Feek on June 20th in Sugarcreek.
On thinking about all the benefit events in our area, the promise in Psalm 68:19 can benefit all of us. “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits….”
I hope all Mothers had a blessed Mother’s Day and all Fathers will have a blessed Father’s Day in June.
Have a wonderful spring,